Contrary to what most people might have heard, choosing the right preschool for your child is not as hard as applying for a college degree. The most important thing is to go prepared. Prepare yourself with the idea of what you want your child to gain from their preschool environment. Here are a few basic steps to guide you in choosing Preschools In Scottsdale for your child.
Think about the basics
Think about how the preschool will fit in your daily life. Should it be near you home? Should it be near your workplace? Should the preschool offer childcare services in the morning and afternoon both? This way you can decide the location where you want your child’s preschool to be.
Choose the approach best-suited for your child
There are many different methodologies connected to the preschool’s educational philosophy. You have to decide what kind of approach you want for your child. Here are popular methods used in preschool and kindergarten education.
- The Reggio Emilia Approach: This approach provides opportunities for problem-solving with the help of exploration and creative thinking.
- The Bank Street Approach: This approach emphasizes on learning through various perspectives, in both the classroom setting and natural world.
- The Montessori Method: This method believes that each child learns and progresses at their pace, and no child student be compared to other students based on their learning ability.
- The High/Scope Approach: In this approach, children are in charge of their learning and are taught to make a plan for what they would like to do each day and also participate in review sessions to discuss their progress and share ideas for the next day.
- The Waldorf Approach: This approach emphasizes on learning through imagination and provides the kids with opportunities to explore the world using their analytical thinking and their senses and through participation.
Once you have decided what type of approach you want for your child, and where the school should be located, you need to do some research about the various preschools before selecting one:
Use the internet
The Internet is very helpful in almost everything you need to know about, so you need to do some research about the different preschools you are thinking of putting your child into. There are various communities in the web about how you can select the best preschool, and you can take their advice. Also, almost every institution has a website of their own nowadays, so you can find out almost everything you need to know on their official website.
Seek advice from other parents
There must be someone in your locality who has recently put their child into preschool, or whose child has passed out from preschool. Ask them for recommendations and what did the children learn while being there. Most of the parents would be more than happy to offer you advice.